Saturday, August 1, 2009

Crafty Tart's Innovation challenge 1

It's that time again! these challenges are a bit different so the easiest way is probably to check out the site your self here. This is my take on the challenge. I looked through some old photos of me growing up (as I like to for a change from always doing the kids). Anyway I found these photos with pink in them with my 'PERM!!!!" so I thought that I could put them with the beautiful glitz paper for a contrast to how I wish I looked. The flowers are cut from Bo-Bunny paper & layered with foam tape. I used the parenthesis in my title & sideways below the journalling. I just loved the contradictions on this page "Beautiful Disaster" hehehehe

I already have some ideas for this weeks challenge,yay! bring them on!

On another topic.....Daniels game of hockey was very tense today! They ended up with a draw (unbeaten record remains intact) but wow it was close; the score kept going from them, to a draw, to us, to a draw............ All the parents for our team went home with very sore thoats from shouting. But everyone had fun!

Oops, I forgot to put up the Sewing technique Challenge LO. I did the page on the right ages ago, but had no ideas for the facing page. It all came together rather well with that Basic Grey Marrakech paper (that I said I didn't like, but was given). I have actually used it heaps, the stickers are awesome. These are photos of me when I was little 4-5years. My grandparents when they came to visit from South Africa & my Auntie Elaine. As for the sewing...well only used to tied buttons into flowers centres & ribbon on, but hey.

No comments: