Sunday, September 18, 2011

RWC 2011 & some layouts

Last weekend was the start of the Rugby World Cup.  Now up until then I was not really very excited about it.  However going on the ferry to the CBD to see the biggest  fireworks display ever in Auckland did sound like fun.  So Nicola, & her best friend & her dad & I went straight from school to the ferry at Half Moon Bay.  The girls were so excited about going on the ferry at night.    We stopped at the supermarket on the way for supplies cos we figured it would be expensive to buy the girls food in town & arrived at the ferry just before 4.  At around 4:30 we were informed that the ferries were being stopped because the waterfront was full!!!! The girls were not impressed so we had to bribe them with a picnic dinner at the beach.  (We met some Americans on  the way back to the car & they couldn't believe that the ferry's were stopped & venues full at 4 :30 when the show didn't start till 8)  So we decided to try our luck at driving to Devonport to watch the fireworks.  The motorway was empty, but the rods to Devonport were full, so we turned around & went to Mission Bay.   We got a park right at the beach in the main car park!!! & went to the Fishpot cafe for dinner, which the girls loved.  Then they played in the playground with all the hundreds of other children (in the dark) before we drove around to Okahu Bay to watch the fireworks.  The girls played in  the sand & sea (it's freezing! well it is September & 8 at night!) After the awesome light show we went to the Garrison Pub in Sylvia Park to watch the game.  The girls almost made it to the end of the match before they were over come with tiredness.  All in all it was a fun night :)
At Brownies Nicola was doing her Heritage Badge so asked me to look for my old Brownie/Guides stuff.  I found this photo of me when I was 8 in my BROWN Brownies uniform (the Brownie uniform is currently pink)  I couldn't find most of my badges which is not like me, so I googled it & bought some from the UK!!! You got to love the Internet!  The girls in Nicolas troupe loved seeing the pic & badges :)

   

 Shona & I went to the Scrapaholics Crop night on Friday.  I did these two LO's. I am trying to use my stash, but ended up buying a new punch & the cute little knife, fork & spoon, along with a few other bits & pieces.  We had a fun night.
Scott & I had a date night last night.  We went to see 'Friends with BEnifits' at the movies then went to the RWC Fan Zone.  The movie was ok, very predictable.  The RWC fan zone was interesting, not surprising it was full lst weekend, it isn't that big (can only hold 12,000 people)  We went to O'hagans Irish pub to watch Oz verses the Irish.  The Irish won!!!!!!  It was fun to be in a Irish pub when that happened :)  Everybody went crazy, hehe.

1 comment:

Callie @ Scrap Happy NZ said...

Gorgeous layouts! That Brownies one is lovely, gorgeous colours and placement :)