Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pinkysil Fun :)

Top Mark Products, the NZ importer of Pinkysil & heaps of other resin & other model making products has gone out of business. The week before they shut their door was a 50% off sale....I got some easy cast clear resin, a few resin tints & some Pearlex.  I also got a mold for a ring &  bracelet.  Here is the bracelet I made using clear resin & kids coloured sand. I kept adding more sand because I couldn't see any...duh! Gravity      had all gone to the bottom!
They had already sold out of Pinkysil & white Easycast resin.  Scotties Crafts still had stock so had to go for a drive............Pinkysil is so much fun to play with.   I wanted Pinkysil to make a mold of one of Scott's Warhammer creatures wings, they were perfect for my Blythe doll but he wont give them up, hehe.  The wings were not currently available for me to cast & I couldn't wait to play do I made some little molds.  These are some of the things I used.
 Here are my 2 new molds....
 and here is some of the things I have made in the last 24 hours.  Unfortunately I think I wont be getting a wing cast.  I think it would use 2 bottles of Pinkysil & therefore it would be cheaper just to go buy another one of Scott's Creatures keep the wings & throw the rest away.  Pinkysil doesn't go very far, resin does.  I got red, bright blue, turquoise & yellow resin colours.   I am not sure why the dark green came out glassy.  I painted the molds with Pearlex to get different colours & effects.  See Tinker Bell's wings, the guitar, etc.  Nicola has decided were are going to make necklaces at her birthday party with Tinker Bell, the guitar & the butterfly.  I am so happy with how they have turned out that now I need to do some scrapbooking to stick them on!

No comments: